Time to start writing again.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
2020 taught many lessons. One of which was my affirmation of gender. As I fell into anxiety, worry, and the absolute inability to change the safety of the world I leaned into the traditions of my grandmother, and her grandmothers before her. I gardened, I swept the floors, I baked, I spent time with my kids. I worked to change my tiny world, make it more beautiful, curious, and sustaining.
And now the feelings are back. So, I shall look inward. I will teach my children. I will make food. I will write, or crochet, or paint. Even if it's only my tiny corner of the world, I can make it more comforting, cozy, joyful.
M pointed out the brilliant colors of the trees this morning, the yellow of a Norway Maple, the vibrant red of the burning bush, the stark white bark of the paperbark birch.
No comments:
Post a Comment